Kk fought well but lost her first fight. She fought well and was winning throughout the entire fight until the last 20 seconds or so. The altitude got to her. Was having a hard time breathing but still performed well. She fought a much taller and heavier girl (will get to that in a sec) and fought extremely well. Very proud of her!
The experience here in LaLoma has been incredible. The AAU team is phenomenal and the staff is great. Worth the trip for the experience.
The tournament itself was a mess from the start:
1. Was supposed to be electronic for all black belts then it became just hogus.
2. No weigh ins.
3. They originally going to put people together by height —regardless of weight.
4. They then we’re going to put 10 11 and 12 together which would not have been fair for the younger ones
5. They then combined weight classes. -29 with -33 and because of no weighing in there were people weighing up to 35 maybe 37kg in the same division
6. The kicker….they started the matches with 2 rounds. Then…can’t’ believe this one. Switched to 3 rounds in the middle of our division after kk’s fight. So she got robbed a round.
It was crazy!
I believe if Kk had that extra round she would’ve regrouped and won that match.
Aside from that we stepped into a ring in a foreign country against hostile referees (they did not like the US there) and still performed well.
It seemed like we were fighting ghosts at times. One AAU fighter kicked a guy three times the guy never kicked back then fell out of bounds cause of a kick and that guy got 6 points and our guy did not. Crazy!
The AAU did the best they could to try to make it fair but it was still a tough first day. Hopefully today goes better. Juniors and seniors fight.
Go AAU/USA[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”10″ display=”basic_imagebrowser”]